This recipe for gluten-free and dairy-free spicy sticky chilli bean and beef is DELICIOUS. The beauty is you can add whatever vegetables you want; I particularly like green beans in this dish.
3 tbsp oil (I use coconut oil)
4 tbsp tamari sauce
4 tbsp sriracha sauce ( Use Flying Goose – it’s the best and it comes in s many forms!)
4 tbsp rice vinegar
2 tbsp mirin
2 tbsp honey
2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
250ml hot water
1 serving of gluten-free gravy granules
1/2 tsp Chinese 5 spice
5 cloves of garlic – minced
2 red onions thinly sliced
500g thin cut beef steak
350g green beans
- Remember to put on some rice!
- Heat oil in a wok, add the garlic and onions and cook until translucent.
- In a bowl mix tamari sauce, sriracha, rice vinegar, mirin, honey, Worcester, 5 spice, water and gravy granules.
- Add sauce mixture to the onions and garlic then simmer until the sauce thickens.
- Add beef and beans.
- Cook until beans cook but are still crunchy, and the beef is as prepared as you desire.
- Serve with rice.