This risotto is a big bowl of Italian comfort, best topped with a little Tabasco. If you make any of my recipes do let me know on social media or by email.
If you don’t have any of the ingredients listed and they are blue, then I have linked to what you need.
2 tbsp olive oil
2 white onions – thinly sliced
5 cloves of garlic – minced
Chorizo – roughly chopped
Mushrooms – roughly chopped
500g Passata or tinned chopped tomatoes
2 breasts of chicken
2 tbsp green pesto (link to gluten and dairy free)
2 tbsp Worcester Sauce (link to gluten and dairy free)
2 tbsp balsamic vinegar (link to gluten and dairy free)
1/2 cup red wine
1 tbsp basil
1 tbsp oregano
1 tbsp paprika
1 tbsp parsley
1 tsp black pepper
50g of risotto rice
1-litre chicken stock
Shaved cheese to top (link to dairy and gluten-free)
- In a big pot heat olive oil and saute the onions till translucent.
- Add garlic, mushrooms, balsamic vinegar, Worchester sauce, red wine and pesto.
- Next, add the herbs (basil, oregano, paprika, parsley and black pepper).
- Pop in the chicken and allow to cook on the outside.
- Add the passata and stir until chicken is cooked through.
- Next is the bit that requires patience. Add the risotto rice and coat in sauce.
- Gradually add the chicken stock little by little and allow to be absorbed into the rice. Add more, wait till absorbed and repeat (if your rice is still hard in the centre, continue adding water and allowing to absorb until desired consistency is achieved).
- Sprinkle with some Parmesan cheese and serve with some optional Tabasco!
This risotto is amazing to pre-cook, allow to cool, portion and keep in the fridge for around 3 days and freezes really well.