2 cups gluten-free self-raising flour
5 very ripe bananas
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup dairy free butter
2 eggs (egg replacement for vegans!)
2 tbsp almond milk
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
1 tsp baking powder (gluten-free!)
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven – 175°C – gas mark 4.
- Line a loaf tin with dairy-free butter.
- Cream butter and sugar – I use this wonderful device.
- Gradually add eggs, vanilla and bananas.
- Carefully add the dry ingredients – flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Pour into the loaf tin.
- Bake in the oven for 55 minutes.
- When you take it out the top will be burnt (it’s ok!)
- Stick a skewer in the centre through to the bottom – if it comes out clean it’s ready!
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Once cooled, carefully cut off the top as straight as possible.
- Flip out of the loaf tin.
- Cut and serve 🙂