I thought I would share with you all my secret recipe for Tikka Chasni (this one I made is chicken).
You will need (serves 4):
3 diced onions
4 crushed garlic cloves
A handful of shredded spinach
1 tbsp Paprika
1 tsp cumin
1 tbsp garam masala
1 tsp turmeric
1/2 tsp black onion seeds
1/2 tsp Salt
1 tsp Pepper
100g Shredded coconut
2 cups coconut milk (I use Koko)
Your star attraction: beef, veggies, chicken…
Rice to serve
1. Sweat onions, mushrooms, spinach and garlic in oil or water.
2. Add all spices (not the shredded coconut) and stir until well distributed.
3. Add the coconut, coconut milk and meat/ veg.
4. Simmer until the meat is cooked.
5. While that’s bubbling pop on some rice.
6. Serve 🙂