This comforting bowl of spicy cuddles is perfect for the cold and wet winter we are in just now. Here’s my secret recipe.
2 white onions (diced)
3 cloves of garlic (finely chopped)
1 inch squared of ginger (finely chopped)
100g of spring greens or pak choi (cut into strips)
1 red chilli (sliced into rings)
2 tbsp miso paste
2 tbsp mirin
2 tbsp rice vinegar
4 tbsp oyster sauce
2 tbsp tamari sauce (gluten free soy sauce)
Vegetables and meat of your choice – I used chicken, peas, sweetcorn, green beans, sugar snap peas, carrot cubes and mushrooms.
Rice or rice noodles to serve if desired.
1. Heat wok with a small amount of water (100mls approx). No l is used in this recipe as it gives the final dish a less appealing appearance.
2. Once the wok is heated and the water is beginning to bubble add everything except the meat and vegetables.
3. Allow sauce to reduce and combine
4. Add meat. Ensure every surface is sealed.
5. Add vegetables.
6. Add ½ pint of water per person.
7. Allow this to boil until chicken is thoroughly cooked.
8. At this point, it is your choice of accompaniment. Add rice noodles directly to the broth, ladle over rice in a bowl or simply have on its own.
If you make this it any of my recipes tag me with #glutenfreegirlie or @noglutengirlie if love to see your take on my inventions.