This is my own tried and tested recipe for gluten- free crispy chilli beef. If you are new to being gluten-free and don’t have the ingredients at home then I have linked to the ones I use and recommend on Amazon (in blue text). If you have any feedback or try this recipe then do let me know! Tag me on social media #glutenfreegirlie or comment below.
Crispy Chilli Beef Recipe
500g beef sliced into thin strips
50g plain flour
2 tbsp white wine vinegar
Oil for deep frying
5 tbsp rice wine vinegar
5 tbsp Sriracha
2 tbsp mirin
1/2 tsp Chinese 5 spice
1 inch squared of grated ginger
5 cloves minced garlic
10 tbsp water
1. Mix corn flour, flour, eggs and white wine vinegar in a bowl till smooth.
2. Heat oil in a pan until a test amount of batter bubbles in the oil.
3. Dip each strip of beef into the batter mixture then drop into the hot oil.
4. Cook until golden brown.
5. Once cooked transfer onto a plate with a few sheets of kitchen roll
6. Pop on some rice at this point if you want rice with your beef.
6. Mix all the ingredients from the sauce ingredients except the gravy granules.
7. Pour sauce mixture into a deep pan and stir till bubbling then turn down to a simmer.
8. Once simmering add gravy granules and stir continuously until thick and has a sheen.
9. Add fried beef and stir till thoroughly coated.
10. Serve with rice.