2 large onions (roughly chopped)
1 tomato (roughly chopped)
4 cloves of garlic (minced)
2 tbsp of butter
450g chicken thigh
1 tsp turmeric
5 tbsp tomato paste
1/2 tsp chilli powder
1 tsp garam masala
1 tsp cumin seed powder
1 tsp coriander seed powder
1 inch square of ginger (minced)
Pinch of black pepper
4 good tablespoons of natural yoghurt (dairy free if required)
4 tbsp cream (dairy free if required)
Accompaniments to serve – rice, popadums etc
- Dice chicken breast and place in a large bowl.
- Add turmeric, garam masala, coriander seed powder, cumin seed powder, garlic, ginger, pepper and 4 tablespoons of yoghurt.
- Put on some rice now if you are having your curry with rice.
- Allow to marinade as long as possible, even if it is while you prep the other ingredients.
- Add butter to a pan. Allow the butter to melt.
- Caramelise onions in the butter.
- Add the tomato and cook till soft.
- Add tomato paste and chilli – stir.
- Add the cream gradually continuously stirring.
- Allow the mixture to cook for 1 minute.
- Add the marinated chicken.
- Cook until chicken is soft.